Are you battling with a few stubborn pounds that just will not come off, regardless of how much you exercise? Do you struggle with feeling tired for no reason? Do you plan a beach vacation but dread to get swimsuit-ready? Are your energy levels not what they used to be? If you answered yes, to any questions above this post is for you.
What if I tell you that the answer to all your questions is a big plate of hot, steamy, silky mash potatoes or a big bowl of whole-grain rice? You might think I lost marbles….But hold on…
The post you will get answers to three questions about Plant-Based Diet:
- What is Plant-Based Diet
- Benefits of Plant-Based Diet for Your Health
- How to get started
What is Plant-Based Diet
An article titled “Best Plant-Based Diets” defines Plant-Based diets as diets good for the environment, your heart, your weight, and your overall health.
“Plant-based diet is centered on whole, unrefined, or minimally refined plants. It’s a diet based on fruits, vegetables, tubers, whole grains, and legumes; and it excludes or minimizes all meat (chicken and fish), dairy products, and eggs, as well as highly refined foods like bleached flour, refined sugar, and oil“ (Credit: Forks Over Knives).
You might think, Plant-Based Diet is a new thing, but in fact, it is the way our ancestors ate for thousands of years! In fact, even today most of the human population lives on a diet based on one or more of the following staples: cereals (rice, wheat, maize (corn), millet, and sorghum), roots and tubers (potatoes, cassava, yams, and taro) (Credit: Wikipedia)
Nutritional Facts about Plant-Based Diets around the world:
- Just 15 plant crops provide 90% of the world’s food energy intake
- Rice, corn and wheat are the staples of about 80% of the world population
- Rice feeds almost half of humanity (Credit: Wikipedia)
Counter to what you may have heard, starchy vegetables- the basis of a Plant-based diet are amazing for your health and countless studies, research, and solid scientific evidence proves it. Next, let`s review how the diet affects your health.
Benefits of Plant-Based Diet for Your Health
There are many advantages of Plant-Base diet. Plant-Based diet heals your body from inside out and it has long-lasting positive effects on every system and organ in your body.
Benefits of Plant-Based Diet (Credit: Health Line)
- Weight loss
- Stronger immune system
- Reduced inflammation
- Cardiovascular and heart health
- Diabetes prevention
- Digestive Health
- Better skin, hair, nails
- More energy and vitality
- Cancel prevention
- Brain health
Where can you learn more about Science behind the claims about Plant-Based Diet?
- Doctor Dean Ornish, M.D., Preventative Medicine Research Institute (PMRI)
- McDougall, Dr. McDougall`s Health and Medical Center
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)
- Michael Greger, founder of Nutritional Facts.org
- Colin Cambell an author of groundbreaking China Study Project
- Axe, Food is Medicine
These medical doctors and many others for over half-century studied and researched the supremacy of plants to prevent, reverse and cure many health conditions. Next, let’s learn how you and your family can get started on your journey to a better health.
How to Get Started with Plant-Based Diet
After learning about the amazing benefits of eating more plants you may wonder how can you try the Plant-Based diet for yourself. Here are some easy tips to get started:
Get educated and get connected:
- Watch Netflix food documentary: Forks Over Knives
- Listen to Plant-Based FREE Podcasts
- Join Facebook Plant-Based Support Group for support and meals ideas
Eat more plant snacks on-the-go:
- Make and take fruit bowls with you everywhere you go, for an easy snack
- Grab a small plastic zip-lock bags with dry fruits, nuts, and seeds to snack on
- Remember to drink more water to help your body to process extra fiber
Redesign your plate:
- Slowly add more plants to your daily meals and reduce animal products
- Center your meals around starchy veggies (potatoes, rice, corn, legumes, and beans)
Learn how to Cook Plant-Based
- Search YouTube for Plant-Based Cooking videos and tutorials (Vegan will work too)
- Pick Easy Recipes to start with and build on your success
- Don`t give up if things don`t work out right away
- Engage your family members, make a game out of eating more plants
Whether you struggle with a chronic health condition, suffer from chronic fatigue, or want to lose a few pounds to look sexy in the new swimsuit, consider Plant-Based Diet to help you get there. Eating plants will not only help you to look better, by shedding extra weight, but also will recharge your body`s healing capacity and give you extra found vitality and energy. So, pile up a heap of mush potatoes, steamy beans or a large bowl of whole-grain rice to get started on your journey to a healthier living.
Family History. My family history includes folks with high blood pressure, thyroid challenges, cardiovascular issues, kidney disorders, among others.
Enlightening. Six years ago, our family watched four food documentaries that transformed our understanding of healthy nutrition and its impact on health:
- Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead – the impact of raw juices on weight and health
- Forks Over Knives – diet, lifestyle and chronic diseases in the S.
- The Gerson`s Miracle – power of raw juices and plants to cure cancer
- Food Matters – the relationship between nutrition and disease
Wake up Call. In January 2018, my 3-year-old son was diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome. The illness was sudden and devastating. Medical Doctors did not have answers about the cause of his illness. I was looking for answers but nobody seems to know what caused it, I became obsessed about learning more.
Gathering Facts. I read dozens of books about nutrition and health. The four books that gave my answers were:
- China Study – explained why my son got sick
- Starch Solution – explained what to eat now
- Whole – revealed conspiracy behind nutritional science and corruption
- How Not To Die – defined how healthy foods activate healing power in the body
After gathering all the facts, I realized if we want to save our son and get him healthy again. Our family needs to take charge and act. Nobody was coming to my rescue.
Empowered with knowledge and motivated by having a sick baby on hand, our family committed to eating more plants.
Transition. My son and I switched to a Plant-Based diet literally overnight, but the rest of the family transitioned more slowly. Our family started by eating less processed foods, adding more veggies to meals, eating less meat, removing dairy products completely, and of course learning how to cook an entirely new way.
Results of 11-months on Plant-Based Diet
My husband. Paul`s cholesterol results improved drastically. His cholesterol in 2016 was 240, in 2017 was 180 and in Oct 2018 he tested at 140. His triglyceride numbers decreased dramatically as well. My spouse was able to stop taking all his medications, he is no longer pre-diabetic, and his blood pressure returned to normal.
My family. My kids hardly get sick and if they do, they recover much quicker.
My Son. A combination of short steroid treatment, herb therapy, juice therapy and 11 months of Plant-Based Diet worked. My son is symptom-free for almost four months now and is considered in full remission by his doctor.
Myself. In Jan 2018 my weight was 146 lbs and now it is 132lbs. Last time I was in this weight was in 9th grade! My sleep improved, and my husband complains that I have a stamina and an energy of a 20-year-old girl. I feel great and plan to continue eating mostly plants for the rest of my life.
Disclaimer: Do not take this information as personal medical advice. Please find a plant-based doctor in your area to discuss your medical condition and receive specific nutritional recommendations.
Copyright © Logio Solutions LLC 2018. All rights reserved.